Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Colorado Voyage the pregame

One time I bought a camper.  The camper was a little big for my truck and it made me worry about driving it to Colorado AND taking it offroad.  So I made plans to design another one.

Started with some plywood.

I began the frame with 2x4's to make a solid base.


Then I framed the back.  I switched to 2x2s after the base to try and save some weight.


Side walls I made slanted so I could have more room on the bottom and then less area up top to reduce wind resistance while driving.


Installed a fridge and a stove.


Started framing the sides with 1/2" plywood.


Finished the siding.

Primed the siding.  


after I had what I needed I took the old camper to the dump.


Started insulating.  I had some rolled insulation so some of the walls are rolled and some are 1.5" polystyrene.  I got some insulating duct tape to keep any air leaks out.


I ended up painting the sides with a deck covering.  Loaded up all my stuff and gave it a test run.


AWAY WE GO!


Here is a little time lapse of the camper coming down.




No comments:

Post a Comment