Monday, October 3, 2011

Life



Have you ever stopped to think and realize how crazy the last couple years of your life have been? Samantha (fiance) said, "you don't have anything on your blog about me." I was thinking about it and I guess I thought no one would read this that didn't know that I was engaged to an amazing lady. We have a dog and own a house.


Samantha.  She won't like this picture but I do.
Georgie sits shotgun.
Three years ago I thought I wanted nothing but to float around with no solid job, just living. I owned a gray ford windstar that I was basically living out of.  I swore that was the life for me.  I had a great time, met a ton of amazing people.  However, things change.
08 crew.  Somewhere out west.

Old Gray in Colorado.



Old Gray in Montana.

Old Gray's Stereo system.
This change came in the form of a new found direction in my life. I decided I wanted to be an educator.  Without funds I was about to dive into debt when I received the Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship.
The check that changed it all.
A lot has changed for the better.  I enjoy my job being a teacher, it gives me a purpose.  I feel like I have distanced myself from many parts of my old life, not on purpose, but it happens.  I apologize for those who we haven't talked in a while.  It is probably nothing personal there is just a lot going on.  Teaching is probably one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life, but everyday I feel like I have done something. Being engaged is the best thing I have ever done.  It is unreal looking back three years.
First dinner at the new house.  I think it was Chinese.

Nothing can ever put in words the experiences and friendships I have made traveling around.  Traveling is one of the best things you could ever spend money on.  I haven't done enough and I plan on doing more.  I will never forget how fun it is to gather in a car and go on a skate trip with your friends.  It will never get old, maybe just a little harder.

me and bill spice getting some rest on the 2008 trip.

Mikey "confessor" brought just enough wood to get the drift wood going.  Fire on the beach on the Coast of Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment