Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From the editing studio.

I had sometime over break and I made some edits.  I hope you enjoy.



Here is an old footy, but new edit.  There is a lot of stuff in here.  My favorite part is the footage from Homewoods. Bart Smith has been a major motivator for me throughout the years.  I hope he knows that, maybe I should tell him.  I would work with him if he would let me.  I might quit teaching to do it actually.



The first time I went to AZ I was way to into street skating.  Luckily Lee Bender saved Brad, Nathan, and I's life.  He showed me what transition skating was.  I think on this trip I learned how to carve a corner, how to back d, and how amazing skating a pool is.  I would like to think that he is proud of where we have came since that day.  It was really generous of him to take the time out of his life to bring a couple of young and younger kids around for almost a whole week.  I had not really traveled very much from skateboarding but Lee definitely lit a fire under me.  I know I have not gone as crazy as some of my friends but the fire is for sure there.  I can't see myself in a position where I am not able to go and skateboard in new places.  I have met some of the most amazing people on the road.  Friends that I don't think I ever would have met staying in Indianapolis.  There is nothing more humbling then driving from one coast to another. 2500 miles is a long drive inside a car, it really is, I wasn't just quoting the Modest Mouse song. People think you have to leave the country to travel but there is so much in our own country that most people haven't seen.  I am glad I have started to scratch the surface.  Get out there and do it.  I know I am a different person because of it.  I am thankful that I have friends that want to encourage me to get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment